Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organization working in India that aims to empower disadvantaged children by giving them access to quality legal education. It is a pan-Indian student-led movement to train underprivileged students and help them become leading lawyers and community advocates. We conduct outreaches across India to sensitize underprivileged children on opportunities to pursue a career in law, select promising students and provide training for law entrance exams including the common admission test Law (CLAT), providing financial aid and mentoring to underprivileged children once they secure admission to a leading law school. To learn more about IDIA, visit the site here.
IDIA – Kerala State Chapter operates from its base at the National University for Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi with the active participation of its students, who are in charge of the various operations. The National University of Advanced Legal Studies is a unidisciplinary university in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate legal education. It is the only national law university in the state of Kerala.
The Competition and Eligibility:
The IDIA Kerala Chapter is organizing an essay writing competition on arbitration. The competition is open to students pursuing an undergraduate degree at any recognized university in India.
Themes and sub-themes:
Theme – Arbitration
Participants can choose sub-themes that are unique to them or that address contemporary issues in the following areas:
- Arbitration in the event of a dispute
- Growth of Arbitration in India
- Role of the arbitrator in arbitration
- Transparency in arbitration
Guidelines for submission:
- All submissions must be uploaded to the form here.
- By submitting an article, the author agrees that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-writing is not allowed.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- The length of the article should not exceed 1500 words.
- All submissions must be in English. Content should be written in Times New Roman font, with a font size of 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. In the event that no hyperlink is available for a reference, the use of endnotes is recommended. All endnotes should be in Times New Roman font, with a font size of 10 and line spacing of 1.
- Submissions should be made in .doc/.docx format only.
- Entries that do not follow the above instructions will not be accepted.
Registration fees – Minimum contribution: Rs. 150/
Payment and registration details:
Payment can be made to the following account:
Account holder: Aashna Dev
Telephone number: +91 95444 07235
UPI ID: [email protected]
Please note that you will need to upload proof of payment with the submission form.
1st Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship at PSL Advocates and Solicitors + Book: “A Guide to Fashion Law” worth Rs. 1000
2nd Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship at PSL Avocats et Solicitors
3rd Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship at PSL Avocats et Solicitors
A certificate of merit will be given to the 5 best participants.
For more details or for any questions, contact us at: [email protected] or +91 62389 76698 (Anugra).
Please find the event brochure attached. here.